Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I know I whine and grumble,
That I complain about your nagging.
I know sometimes I disappoint,
That sometimes I make you worry.
I know I forget to call sometimes,
And can't seem to find the time to talk.
But most importantly,
I know how much you love me,
I know how much you care,
I know how unconditionally you accept me,
And bypass all my flaws.
I honestly can't think of anyone else (except maybe dad and Ivan and Ivor :D)
Who could love me for who I am,
And not for who I should be.
So if anyone ever asked me,
If I would ever change anything about my mom.
I'd say 'No.'
There's nothing I'd change about her,
Because she's just perfect the way she is.
God must've known exactly what I needed.
For he gave me the most perfect mom I could ever ask for.

So I'm sorry for all those times I've disappointed,
And all those times I've said thing to make you cry,
Even those times I forget to drop a line just to say hi.
I hope this makes you smile,
I hope this lets you know,
How much I love you,
And that I know how unbelievably lucky I am to call you 'Mom'

So Happy Mother's Day, mom.
Here's to many, many more years of memories and love.

Love,
Your daughter.